Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Days n Nights??

I think we're all sorts of messed up on time over here. I have yet to go to bed tonight because of one girl or the other. It's now 1:15am... We're getting there, but I have Sammy in my arms now, and I have a feeling when I go back upstairs, it will be time to switch with Abbie.

I survived two full days alone with the girls :) It actually isn't that bad, but time flies that's for sure. And I have no time to get anything done. It's literally, feed, change, hold, and rotate... then do it again in maybe an hour. I've been rotating who I feed, so feedings take an hour and a half. Then I have to do it all over again in an hour... if they'll wait that long.

The biggest outing we've had so far is walking. I'm still all out of sorts from bed rest/ C-section, but I guess I have to be patient. It's hard to be a normally athletic person and change into a sac of goo for months on end...Now I have to fix it.

The girls are great, Sammy still needs to gain weight, while Abbie is a chunk. I think we have Sammy at 5.5 lbs now, and Abbie is 7.5 lbs. She's graduated to newborn diapers and clothes.
I cannot believe how many diapers these kids go through. Same with formula. And it's expensive, but we're figuring it out I think.

Life is certainly different, but better at the same time. We like being parents, and we're figuring it out as we go.

2 comments:

  1. If you're doing formula, hopefully you signed up with Enfamil online because they will send you lots of free formula and lots of coupons for more throughout the whole first year!

    It will get easier and in a few months the girls will start getting so interactive and playful that you won't be able to stand how fun they are!

    I miss you and love you!
    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you want to get together and hang out with our kiddos. I'm down in Issaquah not too far from you.

    ReplyDelete