Friday, May 29, 2009

Bed Rest....???

Here's the official update as of yesterday... we're only 25 weeks and the girls are pushing to come out!!!
We had our ultrasound again yesterday and the girls are just fine. They weigh 1 lb 10oz and 1lb 9oz respectively. However, my cervix is shrinking which is bad.
Initially the doc tried to put me on immediate bed rest where I wasn't working anymore... but we agreed to terms: 1) I have to teach sitting down.
2) I park closer to school
3) Elevator only
4) limited/low activity through the day and lay down when I can...especially this weekend.
Essentially, all I've done is stall for a few more days until Tuesday. We have another appointment then where I'll get looked at one more time, then a determination will be made to make sure we keep the girls in for a lot longer!

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of room in there for them, so the pictures aren't that good for what they look like now. I wanted to post some, but they aren't good at all... sorry!

Say some prayers that I have patience for this... that the kids at school help me out, and that I don't have to go on official bed rest until we're done with work.

More later :)

1 comment:

  1. Al - What does it mean that your cervix is shrinking? What causes that? Is it because it's contracting already?

    You are all in my prayers for sure! Keep us posted

    ReplyDelete