Thursday, June 4, 2009

Working from Home

My day Tuesday consisted of 3 doctors visits.

The first one was for the 1 hr. glucose test. My drink didn't taste that bad actually, but the worst part was taking the blood. They couldn't get a vein to give anything! They poked my right arm. Nothing. Left arm. nothing... last but not least, the top part of my right hand and it worked! The nurse taking the blood said that it looked like I was anemic on basis of the color of my blood, but we'll see on Wednesday I think from the doctor.

After that one, we went to where we found out about bedrest. The deal is pretty much that my cervix is effacing. Normal is 3.0 cm and I'm currently 2.2cm. If I go to 1cm, we go to the hospital. It's not that big of a deal yet--if I was 32 weeks, I'd be working. Since we're only 26 there's too much danger to ignore in order to prevent the girls from coming too early. We need at least another month!

It's a modified bedrest. So I can shower, I can take the stairs 2-3 times a day. I can move from bed, couch, or outside lounger for laying down. I've actually been working this entire time anyway, between grading, the subs, final exams to write etc...it's been busy so far.

Matt's been great--though I think he'll get tired of running around getting stuff for me when I forget it. He's Mr. Mom though with cleaning and cooking these days! We decided to give him Tuesdays to play softball and blow off the steam a little on our co-ed league team, so that should help. I just wish I could watch like I always have. (Normally yes, I do play).

Anyway, that's the update for now. We have 2 more docs visits on Wednesday coming up, so we'll see what happens. My bet is that I get put on Iron pills, and have to do the glucose test again, but we'll see. These twins take a lot from mom, that's for sure--- even when I can't feel it.

What an adventure! I have never been to the doctor's so many times in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment