Thursday, June 11, 2009

I can't sleep tonight, so I'm blogging instead.

We had excellent doctors visits yesterday (yes, plural)...
We found out the cervix went back to normal which is awesome, and means that I'm doing a good job bed resting. Matt's doing a good job caring for me on bed rest, as I know it's doubling his work load at home. We are most likely not in danger of delivering in the next two weeks... yay! And more doctors visits in two weeks. In fact, we're going in on our Wedding Anniversay of June23rd.

We have official new goals to reach for keeping the kids in utero.

I'm currently 27 weeks... the ideal goal is to get to 35 weeks before delivery. Then we don't have to worry about as much.

The next "worst case" scenario we could hope for is 32 weeks before delivery. Most likely at this stage tubes would not be needed down the throat for the kiddies, so we're going for that.

32 weeks would put delivery around mid July (July 18th ish)... and
35 weeks would put delivery the first week of August. That means we're hoping to deliver after my birthday.

Until then, I'm either found in bed, on the couch, on our lazy boy, or glider, or outside on the lawn chair on the deck. I've been kept busy so far with end of the school year teaching stuff, including lots of grading for final exams. After that is when I think I'll go a little bored. I've already read 3 books!!

This evening was great because after the docs appointments, Matt's parents came over with a meatloaf meal--salad, asparagus and potatoes already cooked! Matt didn't have to do anything for the first time. We also got a delivery of food from the Patricio/Engstrom clan in Spokane, which all looks wonderful in our fancy freezer in the garage. I know mom sent a lot of beef from Omaha steak company, and we'll look for that for sure! People have been so generous to help take care of both of us through this time, it's been great, and overwhelming. How can we ever help them out like this?? I guess that time will tell.

I think I'm awake tonight because there's only so much "resting" one can do. I don't want to get my days and nights switched up though...

No comments:

Post a Comment