Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hmmm...What a roller coaster ride!

One more doctor's visit today. We went in to check the artery to Baby A's heart, and all is well there. However, my cervix is continually effacing which is again bad. And we found out that some amniotic fluid is a little less than it should be. So far, no cause for alarm, but no more cheating on my modified bed rest.

Here's the deal... we're at 2.4 cm effaced. If it goes to 1.0 I'm in the hospital. Normal amniotic fluid range is between 2 and 8. We're a 6. That's pretty good actually, but we have to watch it.

The plan is to take 3 ibuprofen every three hours until next week. That interferes with the cervix issue, but causes the heart issue. We could be put on different drugs if needed. Then we get to check the hearts and the fluid again, along with getting on a monitor to observe any contractions. I really don't think I've been having them, but maybe I can't feel them.

The other news? Baby B flipped! Yep, last week they were both head down, and this week Baby B is heads up...so now who knows what's going to happen in terms of C-Section vs. Vaginal delivery. We really don't make that determination for a few more weeks.

We're 30 weeks tomorrow. We need to get to 32 weeks minimum... then go for 34 weeks, and hopefully 36 weeks. (good luck to us on that). No pictures this week as Baby B 's head was right on top of Baby A's head. Hopefully they get along better out of the uterus!

Mom and Dad's help last weekend w/ all the frozen food and some baby gear, and some cleaning help was tremendous. It was also great because Dad and Matt got to go golfing. Matt needed that and really appreciated it.

I'm a little down about the news today, and I don't really know why. It's not that bad, but it's just making me wonder how much more layin' around I can really do? I guess things like fewer up/down the stairs...I lay around all day anyway and all this is still happening. I'm just hoping for happy, healthy babies in the end, and we'll get there. What a journey. I'll do anything for these babies--so here we go.

2 comments:

  1. OH sorry you're bummed out! We are sending our love!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you hang in there! I have seen you tackle harder things than this! Focus! Know WE LOVE YOU and God has you and Matt and those two precious girls in His hands and He loves and cares for you all! Now stay down and think positive! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete