Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy 34 weeks to us!

This whole week and a half got us to 34 weeks now! yay!

What an adventure the past two days during the record breaking Seattle heat. That first night the AC went out, it got back on by midnight.. so that was ok. Then we woke up yesterday with entire power outage for Hospital and beyond. Something happened in Bellevue that took out an entire grid. That lasted a few hours. Then in the afternoon (at the hottest point), the AC went out again here! I kept cool with a fan and three ice-packs (one for each of us). That lasted until the evening. Now I think everything is ok, but I slept with the fan on last night anyway. Everyone is freezing when they come in!

The update from the doc is the following:
We need to get an ultrasound done to check the babies growth. You can't check it weekly, otherwise there would be no change... so we don't know if it's happening this week or early next week.

If growth is good (which is what we're expecting) and I'm continuing to do what I'm doing (nothing) then I get to go home at 35 weeks (Aug. 5th by the way) and wait for the real deal to "go". We're expecting this option to happen.

If growth isn't what we want, then we keep them in until 35 weeks and take them out ourselves.

My doc is on vacation next week though, so I kinda want to hold out until the week after so she can be the one to do the delivery, even though I know all the partners in the group are great and would do just fine as well. I think it's a comfort thing.

We do have a "conversation" tomorrow night to come up with a plan, that Matt gets to be part of in order to go through scenarios and figure them out. That will make me feel better I think.

So for now, I'm stuck in a hospital room. TV, books, internet, some work stuff, and visitors have kept me entertained. Doc wants Matt to take me out in the wheelchair at night to change it up some... just not go as far as we did before :) My 32nd birthday is Sunday too, and we've always said that I needed to get past that for healthy twins. We'll get there.

2 comments:

  1. I love you!! You are such a trooper and are definitely gonna have one hell of a pg story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You made it this far, you can totally make it past your birthday and to 35 weeks!

    ReplyDelete