Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Party Girls

I think we're going to have our hands fulll with these two.
Another entire night with contractions 10/hr. From 9pm to 6am they were going to town, and the nurse was working her tail off to get them to go away. Tributalene pills, then at least three shots of it through the time frame... finally switched to nephedarine w/ a low dosage at first, then we had to go to a higher dosage at 6am. Since then... nothing...Worst case is to try the dreaded Magnesium sulfate if we go that far before delivery. I'm doing what I can to avoid it.

Got two hours of sleep last night, and we're just waiting it out. Tonight I get a sleeping pill to help I think.

Doc came in and cervix hasn't changed (GOOD NEWS) because of the contractions. I have to stay on antibiotics for the babies for at least 5 more days. In order to completely get rid of the IV, I have to stop contracting. So we're working on that.

I guess a physical therapist might visit to give me exercises to do while in bed. That way I can chase my babies around when they are out and not pass out doing it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Allyson! This does not sound fun at all! I hope things settle down soon, like tonight so you can rest. You and Matt and your girls are inmy prayers daily.I will be by to see you at the hospital later this week. Hang in there!

    Blessings, Fr. H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Allyson, we sure are thinking of you and are SO impressed by your positive attitude!! You are so strong! We are sending lots of positive thoughts to help keep those babies in there a little more. Hugs to you and those two little darlings (Matt too-).
    Laurie and Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I was on Tributalene back in the day... wild but great medication. Side benefit - helps speed lung developement for the girls! These days are hard but you are handling everything so well. The good news is you are one day closer to delivery day. Tomorrow is another day really holds hope right? Try to rest and know you are being held in thoughts & prayers.
    Leslie, Tori & Ross

    ReplyDelete