Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sent to Hospital

Ok, so the reason there wasn't an updateafter the last doc's apointment was because we got sent directly to the hospital! When we were at the doc's the cervix was pretty much gone. In fact, you could see Baby A's head! Plus, the babies aren't growing very well.

We checked in and got hooked up to IV/antibiotics/stop contraction meds immediately. I must say I was sorta in disbelief, but when the initial contraction readings were 3 minutes apart, I was glad to be here! I could only feel big contractions barely, so I had no idea other ones were happening! I guess that is common with twins since the uterus is already so stretched. We also took the steroid shots for lung development in case the girls arrive within a week...

It is now Saturday and we've been here since Thursday night. I'm still on all the drugs but the steroids... not really any contractions and doing just fine. We need to watch three things: cervix, contractions and babies growth. The most important is the growth.... We'll see what happens.

I think I'm here for at least 3 more weeks provided everything is as calm as it is now. Then there's barely a slight possibility of going home before they arrive. If the girls get a little excited and want to come out, we'll be letting you all know if that day arrives. I'm getting good care, and I have great family and friends who have been visiting. Feel free to stop by or call... whatever works.

I have learned to shower w/ an IV on, which is an interesting new skill to have to learn! It's been crazy, but hopefully I'll settle into a routine here soon.

Matt's been amazing through all this, so I couldn't have asked for a better man to have married!

3 comments:

  1. We are thinking of you and sending our love as well as positive vibes to you and your little girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25 years later and I still remember my time in the hospital with a kid wanting to arrive 2 months early! All went well for me and I know it will for you too. You are in the right place and time, prayers and meds will take care of the rest. Love to the 4 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allyson and Matt,

    I'm praying for you and your babies that everything settles down in anticiaption of a healthy delivery close to the due date. My sister-in-law Karen went through a very similar experieince withmy nieces Kalli and Shannon Heric. They are about to be juniors here at Eastside Catholic. I trust everything will be fine with your girls as well.

    Take care and God bless, Fr. Heric

    ReplyDelete