Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hospital Freedom and ICU

Woke up this morning to great news that I get to get rid of Scooter (my IV machine!). So we broke up today, giving me more freedom and maneuverability to do things easier. Like bathroom breaks and showering and moving around the room. He was a good IV but it was time to go.

Then there were more contractions, but like I've said, the medicinal pattern we've figured out has been working so far. I'm still on oral pills and shots to control it, so overall, feel pretty good.

I had a few visitors today, and it was amellow day overall, and I was in good spirits without that IV around!

When Matt arrived for dinner we were able to eat together, then get an NICU concsult in our room where we got to ask questions for how this will work when the babies arrive. We also were able to see the NICU and get a tour to ask some more questions. Yes, we're going to have babies in the NICU... it's only a matter of how long. That depends on delivery date, as well as babies themselves. The NICU itself is a lot smaller and more intimate than I pictured, but after reading everything, it was great to see what it will look like.

In the end, I've just realized that this delivery will be incredibly emotional given that we'll most likely not be able to hold either of the girls for a few days regardless of delivery timeframe. As much as we can prepare, we really can't prepare for that ... what a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment